Ep. 56 – Alia Joy; Disappointment, Chronic Illness, & Hope
Alia Joy lives with chronic illness and has found herself deeply disappointed by the parts of life she misses out on because of it. Her asthma makes it difficult to breath during wild fire season where she lives and when she’s got an upper respiratory virus on top of it, she misses out on time with her family, namely: summer vacation.
PREORDER ALIA’S BOOK: Glorious Weakness: Discovering God in All We Lack
Links from this episode:
- BLOG POST: For When Grief Hits You From Out of Nowhere
- Ep. 51 – Becky L McCoy; What is Disappointment?
- Ep. 52 – Jonathan Merritt; Disappointment, Chronic Pain, & Faith
- Ep. 53 – Jennifer Dukes Lee; Disappointment, Career, & Control
- Ep. 54 – Kate Motaung; Disappointment, Loss, & Belonging
- Ep. 55 – Tasha Gentile; Disappointment, Failure, & Guilt
- When You Tell God You Don’t Want to Live Anymore by Alia Joy
- Resiliency Coaching
- BRAVEtogether PERSEVERANCE – TO GO
- BRAVEtogether on Facebook
- Resonate Recordings
Connect with Alia’s book Glorious Weakness: @ReadBakerBooks and #GloriousWeakness
Connect with Becky:
Have a product or service Sucker Punched listeners would love? Send me an email at podcast@BeckyLMcCoy.com for advertising information.
Share your Sucker Punched story at BeckyLMcCoy.com/Podcast
Please subscribe to and rate this podcast to help others find Sucker Punched.