Ep. 53 – Jennifer Dukes Lee; Disappointment, Career, & Control
When Jennifer was 24, she was passed over for a job she had her heart set on. While hindsight has given her some perspective on the size of that disappointment, Jennifer and Becky discuss how even small disappointments can be extremely painful.
Jennifer’s new book, It’s All Under Control, is for women who are facing really hard things and just trying to keep it all together.
Read more thoughts on disappointment: Good Things Are Scary; Disappointment is Comfortable
Links from this episode:
- It’s All Under Control: A Journey of Letting Go, Hanging On, and Finding a Peace You Almost Forgot Was Possible by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- The Happiness Dare by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- Love Idol by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Decision Making and the Will of God by Garry Friesen
- The Next Right Thing with Emily P Freeman
Connect with Becky:
Have a product or service Sucker Punched listeners would love? Send me an email at podcast@BeckyLMcCoy.com for advertising information.
Share your Sucker Punched story at BeckyLMcCoy.com/Podcast
Please subscribe to and rate this podcast to help others find Sucker Punched.